Design Trend of the Month — Picture Frame Fences1 Min
A boundary fence should frame the masterpiece that is your outdoor area; read on to find out how to customise your modular wall to create a modern picture frame fence!
What is a picture frame fence?
Picture frame fencing refers to the capping of the panels within a fence design. By using the right combination of capping options, you can create a clean, modern ‘picture frame’ aesthetic with the fence panels!
This option is great for creating focal points, feature walls or when you are tiling or cladding your fence panels, so that the extra thickness of the tile/cladding materials is still covered.
How to create a picture frame fence with ModularWalls
The unique combination of External wall capping with Flush post tops creates a perfect frame around the panels.
How can I get the most out of this fence design?
Essentially, you’re creating a border for potential focal points to add interest and depth to your outdoor space. Some ideas include:
- Feature plants: plant feature plants in the middle of each frame for a stunning architectural garden.
- Water features: introduce the element of water for a holistic outdoor design element (that can also help mask traffic noise!).
- Seating areas: a structured backdrop can help define outdoor seating areas and accentuate separate outdoor living zones.
- Pool feature wall: design the perfect finishing touch to your pool oasis!
- Outdoor sculptures: add some artistic flair to your home by doubling your fence as a backdrop with some gorgeous outdoor art installations.
- Wall art: embrace your creativity with feature tiles, vertical gardens or DIY wall art projects!
Written by Evelyn Kandris