30 epic BBQ recipes for outdoor entertaining this Australia Day2 Mins
Sure, there’s the humble sausage sanga to fall back on. But if you’re looking to up the ante with your outdoor entertaining, there’s a world of epic foods you can throw on the barbie! For an epic fest over your Australia Day long weekend, check out these epic BBQ recipes that’ll earn you some love (even without a ‘Kiss the Chef’ apron).
For the carnivores
Chicken and cutlets and steak, oh my! This spread is sure to have the meat-eaters droolin’:
- Jamie Oliver’s beer butt chicken
- Royal BBQ pork loin
- Honey sesame lamb cutlets
- Black & blushing Worcestershire fillet
- Kangaroo & veg skewers in red wine marinade
From the ocean
Australia’s seafood is legendary across the world; what better day to celebrate it?
- Barbecued salt and pepper squid
- Prawn & chorizo skewers with mustard and thyme dressing
- Grilled octopus with heirloom tomatoes and dill
- Charred salmon with asparagus and lime vinaigrette
- Grilled fish tacos with mango salsa
Vegetarian BBQ ideas
“What do you mean, you don’t eat no meat?!”
Cater the the herbivores in your life with these flavour-filled plant-based BBQ recipes:
- 6 magical grilled corn recipes
- BBQ veggie salad with lime and pepper haloumi
- Asparagus and corn fritters
- Spinach and feta gozleme
- Tempeh and pineapple kebabs
Better safe than sorry, right?
Avoid the awkward “ah…there’s some bread, if you want?” with the following vegan dishes (also safe for dairy or egg allergies!):
- Smokey Miso Eggplants
- Sweet potato & chickpea burgers
- Salad-stuffed blackened peppers
- BBQ jackfruit sandwiches
- Cauliflower steak
Easy does it
Fill everyone’s plates without wasting your entire day in the kitchen or behind the barbie!
If you’d rather prep the day before, have a look at these recipes:
- Chicken and veggie sausage rolls
- BLAT pasta salad cups
- Mediterranean fried rice tarts
- Rainbow slaw
Otherwise, these delish throw-together ideas require little to no prep:
- Fresh prawns with 3 homemade dipping sauces
- Caprese salad
- 15 divine ways to serve oysters
- Prawn Caesar salad
- Sashimi salad with soy and orange
For more ways to nail your BBQ this year, check out our Aussie Day outdoor entertaining tips, including weather control, seating ideas, tunes and more!
Written by Evelyn Kandris
Exquisite, Australian Made fencing products, specifically designed to withstand harsh Aussie climates.