Modern pool fence with integrated wall lighting achieves striking pool area design
31 October 2019
Combining creativity with performance, SlimWall premium fencing offered aesthetic versatility and endless design possibilities for this striking pool area design in Melbourne’s west. The sheer creativity of this modern pool fence is a testament to the imagination and high quality work of our Trade Partners, as well as a perfect example of the customisation power of modular fencing.
To achieve this masterpiece, this fence combined the following design features:
1. SlimWall™; The premium fencing solution
Times have changed; so has fencing. SlimWall is a premium fencing option for those who want more. Combining easy, modular construction with smooth, sleek aesthetics, you can now emulate a rendered finish for a mere fraction of the price and install time.
Additionally, SlimWall offers the following exclusive benefits:
- Sleek design offers easy pool compliance with non-climbable zones
- Acoustically rated panels, tested by the National Acoustic Laboratory of Australia, typically offering approx. 20dB noise reduction (a fourfold reduction in audible noise)
- Ability to seamlessly integrate up to 500mm of retaining
- Reaches up to 2.1m high, for added visual and acoustic privacy
- Available with either Classic Steel or Aluminium posts
- Rated for wind regions A & B in Australia
- Suitable for BAL29 bushfire zones, with the option to customise for BAL40
- Very DIY friendly
2. Integrated wall lights within the posts
By harnessing the power of outdoor lighting, they effortlessly created a magical ambience for their pool oasis, consequently extending the functionality of the area into the darker hours. To achieve this, wall lights were seamlessly integrated into the modern pool fence, with the SlimWall posts easily accommodating cabling.
Therefore, from sunset drinks to midnight swims, there is no doubt that this pool will be well used this summer!
3. Striking wall finish achieved using exterior paint
The smooth surface of the SlimWall panels deliver a premium, render-like aesthetic that can be finished with paint, textures, tiles or cladding. For instance, for this unique finish, they individually painted each panel in a warm, sunset-inspired colour scheme.
4. Expressed joint option
Finally, to accentuate the unique paint job and accentuate the modern, lineal structure of the fence design, they chose ModularWalls’ expressed joint option. This option has been widely used as a sophisticated design feature, including DIY pool fences, pool feature walls, modern front fences and architectural projects, such as Alisa & Lysandra’s Albert Park reno.
5. Modular pedestrian gate
To provide security and accessibility, yet harmonise with the pool boundary’s designer aesthetic, a modular pedestrian gate was also installed and finished in the same scheme as the fence. ModularWalls manufacture both pedestrian and driveway gates, offering the perfect solution for boundary walls, pool fences and front walls.
It’s time to expect more from your fence.