EnduroMax noise barrier for major construction and trackwork at Central Station
1 October 2019
ModularWalls were contracted by Laing O’Rourke to supply a screening noise barrier for major construction and trackwork, spanning over several years, at Sydney’s Central Station. As well as delivering vandal resistance and high durability, unique site constraints also required the design to be easily and quickly installed; yet again, EnduroMax provided the perfect solution.
ModularWalls worked closely with Laing O’Rourke, offering detailed consultations, design work and engineering. Inhouse support was also given during installation, which was easily undertaken by the site crew. With its unique control over the entire supply chain, ModularWalls were able to supply the custom length EnduroMax panels within a 2-week turnaround period; a much faster turnaround than a concrete or AAC alternate design.
Due to its lightweight, modular nature, the wall itself offered rapid construction, overcoming the detailed site constraints. Measuring 200m long at heights of 4.5m, utilising impact-resistant EnduroMax panels, the design exceeded expectations for both acoustic attenuation and durability.
Ultimately, ModularWalls’ noise barrier delivered a lighter, faster, more cost-effective alternative to traditional materials.
The EnduroMax noise wall panel is an ultra-resilient, high-performance modular noise wall panel, specifically designed for the extreme conditions associated with road, rail and civil infrastructure environments.
- Spans up to 4.2 metres, with a density of 30.50 kg/m², making it much lighter and more manoeuvrable than AAC.
- Meets or exceeds multiple road noise barrier specifications, including:
- NSW’s RMS R271 (Design & Construction of Noise Walls)
- QLD’s TMR MRTS15 (Noise Fences)
- WA’s MRWA Spec 904 (Noise Walls)
- Offers a massive 80% carbon reduction project-wide against a precast concrete alternative.
- Has been used by the RMS on multiple infrastructure applications, including Captain Cook Drive and Alford’s Point Road.
- Download full EnduroMax specification sheet here.
For more information on how ModularWalls’ products can cost-effectively provide high impact-resistance, minimise risk and support carbon-conscious practices within infrastructure developments, download our Road & Rail brochure, call our commercial team on 1300 556 957 or simply enquire below.