10 ways to customise your modular wall
Minimalist can still be personalised; customised can still be simple. Check out these 10 ways to customise your modular wall so that your home can reflect your unique, personal style!
1. Slot in some slatsSlats are the easiest way to customise your modular wall.
Aluminium slats (as pictured) provide a sleek, long-lasting option, whilst timber brings a natural element to the structure. Read our Slat Installation Guide today!
2. Let there be lightsLighting can transform a space, bringing a sense of romance and magic to your outdoor area and create an easy feature wall. It can also help soften spaces that don't allow for any foliage, offering a focal point to an otherwise blank area.
Entertain from dawn to dusk by integrating lighting into your posts, like this stunning pool wall.
3. You've Got MailLetterboxes are the perfect accessory for front walls and fences!
Whether you're using a steel ModularWalls letterbox, or your own letterbox, find out how to install it within your modular wall here.
4. Express yourselfWhile most are asking how to hide the join line, others are embracing it wholeheartedly.
Our expressed joint feature offers smooth, horizontal lines that add an architectural edge to your modular wall.
As shown with this gorgeous new coastal-style home in Palm Beach, QLD, it also perfectly complements weatherboard cladding!
5. Life in the raw
Design trends of 2018 have completely embraced the mix of earthy, raw materials. Add some texture to your modular wall with timber infills, like this home in Melbourne, VIC.
The smooth, cementitious panels against the raw timber infills create a rich textural contrast for this boundary wall.
6. The art of decoratingOur systems allow you to add a variety of decorative elements to customise your modular wall and reflect your personal style.
This striking home in Thornlands, QLD, utilised decorative screens within their wall to complement their grand home design, creating a truly impressive house front.
7. Make a splashThe versatility of our systems also allow for the creation of truly stunning pool feature walls.
Incorporate elements such as lighting, speakers and even water features for a spectacular pool area.
8. Pillars of stackstone
Love the look of traditional masonry?
Clad your posts in stackstone, tile your panels in marble pavers or add single feature tiles to embrace the texture of stone within your modular wall design!
9. A touch of class
Classical design elements will always hold a timeless beauty.
This customised modular wall, with wrought iron embellishments, lantern lights and sandstone caps, provided a harmonised aesthetic with the rest of their home.
10. Go green
Embrace a space efficient, low maintenance opportunity for foliage by creating your own green wall!
Use climbers, wall planters or frames to create a lush vertical garden. For heavy/strong climbers, such as wisteria, we'd recommend planting them at the base of the posts, rather than in the centre of the panels.
The possibilities are endless; never before has one fence held so much potential for creativity. You can find all of the guides on how to install each of these customisation elements here.
Written by Evelyn Kandris
Design the perfect modular wall for your home.